Surrounded by so much natural beauty, it’s no surprise that we at Mahekal Beach Resort love our planet. As a result, we take sustainability seriously and do everything we can to take care of the earth. In honor of Earth Day’s 50th anniversary, we’re upping our sustainability efforts from March 2 to April 22. Read on to discover everything we’re doing to ensure the future of our slice of paradise — even better, come enjoy it for yourself!
Each Saturday from March 2 to April 22, weather permitting, Mahekal Beach Resort hosts a beach cleanup on the stretch of sands in front of our resort. Volunteers and staff come together to pick up waste and restore our neighboring beaches to their pristine natural beauty. Afterward, the waste is separated and recycled.
The group then plants native plants around the resort to ensure a sustainable future for the area. Our resort is surrounded by superb natural beauty, and we do our best to make sure our property doesn’t disrupt the ecosystem around it. We do this through reforestation and creating green spaces that blend seamlessly with the surrounding nature. Green areas comprise 80% of the property, and we even maintain a plant nursery with native plants from the region.
Recycling and Resource Management
The team at Mahekal Beach Resort is very conscious about what we use and what we throw away. Our cleaning and dining teams proudly adhere to the following best practices:
- We conserve energy and limit water waste on a daily basis.
- We use eco-friendly cleaning supplies around the property.
- Our restaurants use organic products sourced from local markets.
- We separate plastic bottles, cartons, and paper waste for recycling.
- Our toiletries and bath products are sourced from local companies that use biodegradable and recyclable packaging.